Tuesday, January 29

Riding out the Winter


In the prairies today, the temperature is -50 degrees with the wind chill. On the news they showed pictures of vacant playgrounds and broken-down cars on empty highways. Authories in those provinces are asking people to stay at home until the weather system passes. Schools have been closed.

I can't imagine how cold -50 would feel and, quite frankly, I would prefer not to know.





I keep telling myself that there is probably only about 5-6 weeks of winter left to endure. Of those 6 weeks, 3 will be dedicated to the celebration of Ottawa's Winterlude Festival. I can't wait to go downtown and take more pictures of the ice sculptures.


Here's a picture of the kids sledding on a beautiful winter day.

1 comment:

Patient Flosser said...

Celebrating winter?

Ah, now I know that I am not the Wordpecker's sister.

Sorry, but in as much as I try, the winter brings me to fits of confided mania and depression. ARGH.

I will enjoy my two days in the airport and one day in FL... All in exchange for three days of winter.

Enjoy the icy sculpture thingies.

Nice pic of the A-Rod and Ishmael.