Monday, April 2

Schedule? What Schedule?

I have had a really difficult time setting and observing a schedule lately. Seems these days I have more tasks than time. What's more, since the warmer weather arrived I want nothing more than to spend my time outside with the birds, which makes it all the more difficult to focus on completing my work.

I can't believe that it's April already. Easter is coming up and I haven't got one chocolate egg in my possession. Luckily, hubby's enthusiastic shopping trip to the local Canadian Tire means that Easter gift-buying is done. One new bicycle for each kid. Is it any wonder they think their dad is a hero? He's not allowed to buy Easter eggs for hiding though. Few years ago, I asked him to stop in and buy some last-minute items. He arrived home a little while later with liquor-filled chocolates by accident. I took a trip to the 24-hour pharmacy at around 10 pm that night but the morning's hunt was an odd one. Gumballs, boxes of chocolates, M&M's in a plastic egg. I hid everything but a rabbit. Not your run-of-the-mill Easter Egg Hunt by any means.

We're heading up to Pembroke this weekend. I hope we get nice weather. Looks like it's going to rain all week, so hopefully Mother Nature will get it all out of her system and grace us with sensational weekend weather.

Here are some time-savers I have uncovered in the last two weeks:
  • Salsa makes a perfectly acceptable spaghetti sauce.
  • Saliva is a reasonably effective spot remover.
  • If you want it to burn faster, add gas. Long story.
  • If you read quickly, you can enjoy a foreign film in fast-forward.
  • You can park just about anywhere if you leave your four-ways on.
  • Writing goes faster if you abandon all rules of grammar and sentence structure.

I'd write more but frankly I'd rather check in on my blogger buddies to find out what's going on in their neck of the woods.

I'll stop and write when I have more time.

4 comments:

Patient Flosser said...

If I am invited to your place for spaghetti during the week when you are rushed - I might think twice about accepting the invitation.

:)

Happy Easter!

Diane Lowe said...

I want to try the fast-forwarded foreign film trick!

Diane Lowe said...

Oh, here's a time-saver I learned last weekend:

Hydrogen Peroxide gets out blood stains if the blood hasn't dried yet. Cool, huh?

The Wordpecker said...

Diane...it worries me a little that you know this ;) I'll assume you're not recommending this for carpet stains....