Thursday, January 17

A Blog's Identity Crisis

"A blog is merely a tool that lets you do anything from change the world to share your shopping list." ~ Anonymous

How lame is it to blog about your blog?  OK, well, I'll keep it short.

Fact is, I haven't changed this site since I first created it so I really felt like the time was ripe for change.  Besides, every time I open up my Blog account, the template creator takes centre stage and it seems -- at least lately --  like it has taken on a more menacing quality.  Blogger has a new look!  (so update this tired mess)

Naturally I resist.  I can follow but I'm not a follower.  (I dance to the beat of my own kazoo....if you get my drift.)  Having said that, after seeing "Blogger has a new look!" day after day after day, a seed had been planted and I guess the idea finally grew roots.  Suddenly, nothing is more important than replacing the old polk-a-dot page.

I flipped through the templates and fell in like with page after page of fun and colourful designs.  I tried on a few bright and bold templates but the look felt pretentious.  I drafted up a couple of "awesome template" samples but in the end I felt like the template over-promised.   Let's face it...this isn't your source for daily news or market tips.

The blog references the wordpecker so I instinctively leaned towards nature, birds, trees and settled on a look that felt like a fit.   I can tweak it over time but...for now...welcome to the Wordpecker's new look.

No comments: