Friday, December 14

11 More Sleeps

What a week it's been! Our customers at work are all preparing for the Christmas Holidays so they're beginning to stock up. This week was a record week for the comany's history. We roasted over 3200 lbs of coffee. Our record-breaking day was Tuesday when we roasted nearly half of that. Tuesday was nuts! I arrived a little before 8 am and started entering orders right away. I broke at 2 pm for a half an hour and then went back at it until 7 pm. I finished the shipping manifest at 7:30 and crawled out the door at 8:00 p.m. Whew! The production team stayed until 9:00 pm getting orders ready and were back in early the next morning. They do good work!

I checked on the status of my online Christmas order Monday night. I learned that one of the gifts for the kids will arrive on December 28th. Not good. I also discovered that I had ordered a gift that I already bought. It will arrive on the 18th. Hmmmm. I'll have to send that one back. Most of my items will arrive on December 21st which is, in my opinion, cutting it very close. I mean what if I find out on the 21st that the order is delayed? I felt so good placing that order on December 10th too. Maybe I was too smug in congratulating myself for getting my shopping done early.

I am going to get my ingredients for Christmas baskets today so that I can finish my baking tomorrow. I've decided on double chocolate candy cane cookies, cranberry biscotti, cookie bark, crunchy bars and truffles with orange liqueur. That reminds me, I have to add candy canes to my shopping list. I'll bake them all, wrap them in little baggies and drop them into my Christmas baskets. I like baking a lot. It relaxes me! I prefer to bake for other people, though, because I don't eat stuff like this. I couldn't! I'd weigh a tonne! I'll sample each batch to make sure I'm not sending out something inedible to my friends, but all but a very few pieces will leave the door by the time I'm done.

I'll take pictures of my goodies and my baskets and try to post them but I'm not making any guarantees. This connection has a maximum speed of 45.2 kbps. It might be faster to mail you some!

10 more shopping days 'til Christmas!

1 comment:

Patient Flosser said...

Mary Cook posted an article in a local paper which I read today. She totally pegged it right. She questioned what happened to Christmas.

Like you, I do enjoy baking. It's part of what makes Christmas Christmas. Especially when you can do it with help from wee ones and beloved family.

Although, I know that your treats will be WAY better than anything I could whip up or buy in the best bakery. The lucky recipients of your treats should be honoured.