Tuesday, February 19

Chiapas, Mexico

I returned from Chiapas last night shortly after midnight. I have many, many stories to share with you. I would like to start tonight but I am still exhausted from the trip and my bed is calling to me, coaxing me to lie between its warm blankets.



This trip was, by far and away, the most exciting experience of my life. As I told my bosses, it was the coolest thing I have ever done. I was challenged physically, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually during my journey through Chiapas and it has left me reeling. Its fascinating history and political environment make it a compelling study and I know even now that I will continue to learn about it in the months ahead.

Even as I woke this morning, I could feel the pull of its unanswered questions and so I found myself connecting to the Internet briefly over the noon hour to check in on events that are unfolding in my absence. My thoughts keep returning to Agua Azul and the families that live there as I worry helplessly about their safety.

Where do I begin?

3 comments:

Diane Lowe said...

Wow! So beautiful!

don said...

Yes, Great picture!

The Wordpecker said...

Glad you like it. This was, by far the best photo of the countryside that I took. If you like this, you will love Agua Azul. I've never seen water so beautiful!