Saturday, October 13

Autumn Leaves

Diana Krall has this great song - Autumn Leaves. It's nice. Today reminds me of that song. I play it over and over in my head. It's cool, there are still leaves on the trees and plenty on the ground. When it is cool like this, the air seems cleaner somehow.

Wednesday was elections here in Ontario. We re-elected a party that lied, broke promises and gave millions of dollars away in "grants" to their cronies. How bad is it when that was our best option?

This election also included a referendum question about the voting process. We voted against electoral reform. It costs less, it means fewer seats and it means that government won't be divided or side-tracked by the voices of the few just because their representative showed up for work. Can you tell I support the decision.

Gotta go. I'm walking today with my girlfriend. Can hardly wait to hit the pavement.

Talk soon!

2 comments:

GrewUpRural said...

Saturday was gorgeous here too in New England. The fresh cool air with the fall sun beating down on you, it was just the perfect day. This is my favorite time of the year.

Patient Flosser said...

Happy Birthday Wordpecker!

I spoke to "the other sister" via email and she suggested a girl's weekend where we could rekindle what has been lost by the passing years.

What do you think? I made a few suggestions, all of which ended with a bonfire effigy of sorts.

Something to mull over.

Hugs
Me
P.S. I ran out of coffee. Tomorrow will not be the same! heehee