Wednesday, November 28

Snow and more snow

It has snowed every day since last Thursday. Thursday morning we woke up to a huge dumping of snow. Most of the school buses in the nearby rural municipalities were cancelled. It was my daughter's birthday and she was hoping for a snow day, but her bus came and she went to school to celebrate with her friends. It snowed all day. It was fun and pretty and helped me get into the spirit of the approaching holidays.

It continued to snow through Friday. Very few people dropped into the coffee shop on Friday. Too cold and too much snow to make the short trip from their car to our door, I guess. Saturday was the Santa Clause parade in a nearby town. I took my daughter and two of her friends to the parade and it started to snow as the parade passed us by. It was after dark and the total experience was lovely. Sunday it snowed some more, then Monday too, and Tuesday night. The plows can't keep up.

This morning the roads were freakin' treacherous. The snow had been packed down by traffic to form a very slick, icy white shell on the road. I could feel my car moving left and right on its own which always makes me uncomfortable. I hate that feeling! I hate feeling as though, at any second, the car can move a foot or two to the side on its own. The sun was kind enough to help melt away some of that ice, but the roads are still pretty slippery. You would never know that by watching most of the drivers on the road...unless of course you're watching me crawl by.

2 comments:

don said...

The snow isn't so good for cars. But the good thing is that when it snows, you don't really have to worry about insects. At least not outside. I think that's one of the best things about snow.

The Wordpecker said...

Good point! I haven't seen a mosquito all month. In fact, the only bug I have seen was a VW. I know, I know, look on the bright side....thanks for reminding me.